Do you have a part-time job opportunity that you think would be a great fit for our amazing PTJ community of moms? Please get in touch. I’d love to hear from you!
Position: Gardening Crew Lead
- LOCATION: Calgary, AB
- TIME FRAME: 6 Month Position: May to October 2020
- HOURS PER WEEK: 30 hours/week
- HOURLY RATE: $18 – $25/Hour (Compensation To Be Discussed with Potential Candidates)
- POSITION DESCRIPTION: My name is Chelsie Anderson and I am the owner of Chelsie’s Garden Soil-utions (chelsiesgardens.com). I am looking for a part/flexible time crew lead for the 2020 garden season. Generally we start in the gardens at 9am and finish at 3pm, 5 days/week, except for holiday Mondays. I am looking for someone who is dependable and has several years of professional gardening experience under their belt. This person must also be friendly by nature, care about the natural world and be good at interacting with both clients as well as other staff members. The ideal candidate will be someone who is strong and capable of working a 6 hour shift doing physical labour in all weather conditions (snow, rain and heat) from approximately May through until October. A typical day may involve weeding, edging, pruning with hand tools, moving soil, compost and mulch, removing dead or damaged plant material, emptying trucks at the landfill, planting annuals and perennials and interacting with clients. The successful candidate must have an in-depth understanding of both edibles and show garden plants, must be able to make decisions without too much coaching from me (although I will always be reachable if needed), must understand basic organic gardening principles, and must be willing to use hand tools and do a lot of hand-weeding! Having a driver’s licence and vehicle would be a bonus, but is not entirely necessary.
- BUSINESS OWNER: Chelsie Anderson
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note the “i” in soilutions).
- WEBSITE: Chelsie’s Gardens
- Please use JOB ID: PTJ1217 when submitting your resume
- LOCATION: Calgary, AB
- HOURS PER WEEK: Self Determined and Flexible
- POSITION DESCRIPTION: Have you always wanted to be your own boss, set your own schedule and have unlimited income potential? Do you have a little one at home who you want to spend your time with but also want to contribute to your family’s financial picture? That is what happened to me I wanted complete flexibility of my time so I could be a stay at home Mom but also needed to contribute financially to our family. Becoming a business owner and building my own brokerage has allowed me to answer yes to all the questions above and more. I am always looking for open-minded people to join my team and become independent business owners – so they can buy their life back – reach their goals and dreams, spend their time doing what they love and not having to worry about what “the boss” has to say. If you have any curiosities about what being in business for yourself looks like I would be happy to have a conversation and answer your questions to see if this may be a possibility for you. Please reach out to see what is available so that at the very least you’re not wondering what if…
- BUSINESS OWNER: Katherine Woodhead
- EMAIL: Kwoodhead30ckyc@wfgmail.ca
- WEBSITE: World Financial Group – Katherine Woodhead
- Please use JOB ID: PTJ1121 when submitting your resume